1. Howdy! Please introduce yourself, tell us an interesting fact about you, and if you were an animal, what would it be? Hi! My name is Kiki Howell, and I am an author of paranormal, erotic romances. While my stories are mystical, in real life I am also a Certified Feng Shui practionioner that lets me work my own sort of magic in homes.
2. Tell us a bit about your book--something you wouldn't find in the blurb. The constant fight to try to be together as their world continues to try to tear them apart creates a myriad of spells both for love and for survival. Writing it, I found my novel, Torn Asunder, to contain some of the most intense magic I have written outside of my short novel, A Modern Day Witch Hunt.
3. What was your inspiration for this story? Actually it was more of a challenge to myself to write a historical set in my favorite period, Regency England.
4. Do you consider yourself a plotter or a pantser? Plotter, definitely from outlines of chapters to story boards.
5. When diving into a new work, how much research do you do and how do you go about doing it? I love the library and shopping online for books. I tend to spend a bit too much time in the research as I love it!
6. If you could be one character from your book, who would it be and why? Oh, definitely my heroine Aubrey. I want her magical skills and her passion for life and her loyalty to those she loves.
7. And if you had to be stuck in an elevator for 42 hours with one of your characters…? Well, then I guess I would have to go with one of my heroes! LOL But, I’m not telling which one ;)
8. What was the hardest part of writing this book? I rewrote it many, many times from a short story to a novella to a novel. I kept taking ending and making them conflicts.
9. Why romantic suspense? Do you write any other subgenres of romance? Actually I think the suspense just came about on its own from the mixing of my many genres. I write in many subgenres from historical to paranormal to erotic romance.
10. What books have most influenced your writing or your outlook on life in general? I do a lot of research in Wiccan books and they have opened my eyes to such a simplistic, natural way to observe and appreciate life.
11. Quick! The Departed, Shutter Island, or Inception? Inception
12. Anything I didn't ask you about that you want to shout out to the world?
February ‘The Month of Romance’ Sale
The Healing Spell $0.99
Rituals $1.99 Ebook
A Modern Day Witch Hunt $2.49 Ebook / $7.99 Print
Torn Asunder $3.49 Ebook / $9.99 Print
Bloodlust & Redemption $3.99 Print
The Healing Spell & Other Stories $ 1.49Ebook / $6.99 Print
Also, check out my Etsy Store for February Bundles!
Kiki Howell spins a wonderful tale of passion, magic, betrayal, and a love that conquers all. Enjoy." ~NY Times Bestselling Author, Hannah Howell
Blurb: Aubrey Griffen is a witch whose true reasons for coming to London soon fall to the wayside when she catches the eye of Edmund Bryant, the Marquess of Dalysbury. He seduces her into a whirlwind romance until the lies and threats of his mother force her to flee to Triaill Brimuir, a secret island of her ancestors off the coast of Ireland. Edmund goes after her only to be hit by Aubrey’s confusion and anger when she magically transforms him into an elemental beast of her own creation.
However, it is when Edmund’s lust mysteriously turns him back into a man that the couple are forced to deal with a family secret and untold of powers. Now, Edmund must learn to shift himself into the beast in order to save her in a battle of black verses white magic.
Fraught with scenes of explicit intimacy, romantic spells and mystical shapeshifting, Torn Asunder is a unique blending of the age of manners with sexual magic.
Genres: Historical (Regency), Paranormal (Witches & Shifters), Erotic, Romantic Suspense
Adult Content Warnings: Explicit Graphic Language, Violence
Author Website http://www.kikihowell.com
Praise for Torn Asunder:
Kiki Howell I feel has a major hit on her hands with Torn Asunder. I was so glued to this book that I was up til 4AM reading it, and mind you, I had to be up at 7AM to see my kiddies off to school....lol. I was just so captivated… In between all the chaos our couple must endure is the most breath taking love story. Their hearts and minds are linked for all time by an unforeseen connection that real couples only dream of. On a scale of 1-10 I give this book a 10 and encourage everyone 18 and over to get a copy of this book and fall under Aubrey and Emund's spell. It is so worth the ride. ~5 out of 5 Stars, Review by Raquel Vega-Grieder for Sinfully Tasty Reads
“Torn Asunder is what a Regency novel should be. Prior to this book, I have never had a historical romance keep my interest for more than a chapter or two. Kiki Howell has written a historical novel that sings. Her love for the time period is reflected in every part of the story, from the vivid characters to the clear imagery of her settings. I give Torn Asunder five of five hearts.” ~D. Alexx Miller, Book Reviewer for Romance in the Backseat